Send money as easily as sending an e-mail or text message.
Use your First OnLine account to access the Popmoney® personal payment service, so you can send money directly to just about anyone, with no need to write a check, exchange account numbers or carry cash.
It's similar to PayPal, where you can send money using just an e-mail address. But Popmoney has the added convenience of being right inside your password-protected online account.
Here's how it works:
- Enter the recipient's name, e-mail address and/or cellphone number, and the dollar amount.
- An e-mail or text message automatically notifies the recipient.
- The recipient securely enters an account number online.
That's it — the money is then deposited directly into the account that the recipient chooses!
Popmoney is the simple, secure way to send money for:
Rent · Shared Expenses · Gifts · IOUs · Allowances · Roommates · Family · Friends · Babysitters · Instructors · Coworkers … just about anyone!
It's simple to get started:
- Log in to First OnLine
- Go to the "Move Money" tab.
- Click "PopMoney - Pay Other People"
Click here for our current Schedule of Fees.
Account to Account Transfer (A2A)
Easily move money between your accounts with us and other financial institutions.
- Save time with no need to visit branches or write checks.
- Schedule automatic, recurring transfers for a simple savings plan.
- Control your money from one dashboard – fast and easy.
Simply log in to First OnLine at www.firstnewyork.org and go to:
Move Money > Transfer Between My Accounts